The Vicariate of Nyasa was erected on 12th February 1897, including the whole of Malawi. The name Nyasa Vicariate was changed to Likuni on 12th July 1951 and finally, it became Lilongwe on 20th June 1957. It was raised to a status of a Diocese on 25th April 1959. Lilongwe was created a Metropolitan Circumscription on 9th February 2011.
The Archdiocese of Lilongwe covers seven districts of the Central Region of Malawi: Dowa, Kasungu, Lilongwe, Mchinji, Nkhotakota, Ntchisi and Salima.
Archbishop: Most Rev. George Desmond Tambala
Patron: Our Lady of Africa
Feast Day: 30th April
Carmelite Sisters with Monsignor Thawale Sam Kalimba NAMITETE 12th June, 2021: The Archdiocesan Administrator of the Archdiocese of Lilongwe theRead More
The Archdiocese of Lilongwe has launched a new project for the construction of the new Pastoral Centre for the useRead More
The Archdiocesan Clergy of the Archdiocese of Lilongwe from 1 June to 4th June 2021 had a successful session inRead More
BURSAR VACANCY MARIAGORETTIRead More