The Vicariate of Nyasa was erected on 12th February 1897, including the whole of Malawi. The name Nyasa Vicariate was changed to Likuni on 12th July 1951 and finally, it became Lilongwe on 20th June 1957. It was raised to a status of a Diocese on 25th April 1959. Lilongwe was created a Metropolitan Circumscription on 9th February 2011.
The Archdiocese of Lilongwe covers seven districts of the Central Region of Malawi: Dowa, Kasungu, Lilongwe, Mchinji, Nkhotakota, Ntchisi and Salima.
Archbishop: Most Rev. George Desmond Tambala
Patron: Our Lady of Africa
Feast Day: 20th November
Fr. Louis Chikanya, 9 July, 2022 St. Philip Church, which formerly belonged to Utatu Woyera Parish of the Archdiocese ofRead More
Archbishop Emeritus Remi Ste-Marie, born on 11 January, 1938 in Canada departed to the Father on 18 June, 2022. Fr.Read More
The decree with the protocol number, gdt/cal/pd/ba/2022/01 established the new parish in Matiki/Dwanga in Nkhotakota with the new ParishRead More
Archbishop George Tambala exhorted his fellow priests in his Archdiocese to develop good habits. He expounded his reflection from theRead More
On the 25th of March, the Year of the Lord, 2022 at 6 pm, the Archbishop of the Archdiocese ofRead More
Sam Kalimba 12th February, 2022: Archbishop George Desmond Tambala of the Catholic Archdiocese of Lilongwe has called upon the clergyRead More
Members of the various congregations of priests, brothers and sisters of the Archdiocese of Lilongwe on 12 February, converged atRead More