- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administrat
- § Must be certified (or be able to become certifie
The missionary community of Saint Paul the Apostle (MCSPA) of Benga Parish, Nkhotakota district is in partnership with Mary\'s meals with a focus on a goal-to ensure that children are fed with a nutritious meal at their place of education. MCSPA is implementing both the conventional program and Community Based School Feeding program extending to 69, 656 Learners. To achieve this commitment, therefore the Missionary Community of Saint Paul the Apostle is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the post of Finance and Operation Officer.
Finance and Operation officer will support in the establishment, operation and maintenance of good MM- MCSPA School Feeding Program financial system and controls. Support the conduct and management of audits, prepare donor and operational budget and facilitates procurement.
The Finance and operation officer will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of high quality financial and operational transactions and procedures in line with the Missionary Community of Saint Pauls\' policies and principles in close collaboration with the Programme coordinator and Programme manager.
QUALIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENT
❖ Bachelor of commerce degree in accountancy or finance management
❖ At least 3 years working experience of accounting with various currencies
❖ Fully conversant with statutory accounting
❖ Experience in managing donor funded programs
❖ Experience in computerized accounting system and complex spreadsheets
❖ Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, analytical and communication skills and be a team player with high proficiency in using the computer.
❖ Must be a registered member of ICAM and Malawi Accountants Board.
1. Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with MCSPA policies and procedures.
2. Preparation and submission of Monthly and quarterly program reports and preparation of Monthly payrolls.
3. Ensuring that accounting books are properly kept and well maintained to realize a sound financial achievement (Filling and retrieval) system.
4. Proper Petty cash, receipt and invoice management and ensure that are kept with good care
5. Assisting project coordinator and programme manager in budget phasing and budgeting realignment
6. Support the project coordinator in production of the budget monitoring information and review.
7. Review Monthly final donor reports with the relevant managers and offer advises of financial risks in line with the donor conditions for the project coordinator and programme manager to take proactive and corrective action.
1. Develop, review and implement operational policies and procedures
2. Ensure that program procedures are well maintained all the time, this includes all motorbikes and program vehicle
3. Ensure timely procurement of organizational resources and materials in accordance with the MCSPA procurement procedures
4. Track and maintain all operations cost